Are you using the Outlook app and want to know how to import IBM Notes emails to PST Outlook? If yes, then not to think anymore, the segment has provided multiple solutions i.e. manual and automated CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter. However, by adopting a suitable method, a user can easily open Lotus Notes email in Outlook.
Lotus Notes and Outlook are popular emailing apps for communication purposes. Both deliver services in a number such as data management, sending/receiving emails, attachments, and more. Still, why a need arises to use Outlook to open Lotus Notes email. There are many reasons exist behind this query. Let us continue further and discuss everything in detail.
Moving data folders from one email application to another is nowadays becoming a common trend between professionals, individuals, and organizations, and Lotus Notes to Outlook is one of the common examples of the same. There are number of users who are upgrading their email account to Outlook to experience more advanced functionality and features as well. Undoubtedly, Lotus Notes is a great email application, still, it is lacking in areas where Outlook is already ruling.
Reasons for Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration
- Lotus Notes carries complicated interface whereas Outlook has a user-friendly GUI.
- Outlook easily manage the data of account such as contacts, calendar, meetings etc.
- IBM Notes need to be purchased separately whereas Outlook is a free email client that comes with MS Office Suite package.
- The maintenance of Lotus Notes is costly as compared to Microsoft Outlook.
- Non-technical users will find Lotus Notes hard to operate whereas Outlook can be easily accessible by any user.
- Outlook is more secure and advances than IBM Notes
How to Use Lotus Notes NSF Files in Outlook?
There are multiple solutions available to use Outlook to open Lotus Notes NSF files. At times, users need to deal with some situations where they want to use NSF file in Outlook email clients such as individual preferences, changes in business needs, data and budgetary management issues, etc. However, in order to implement the process, a user can either use a manual method or directly go for a third-party automated Lotus Notes NSF Converter.
Manual solution is free but bounded with a lot of complexity whereas the third-party solution is direct and provides 100% accurate results. Let us first discuss the manual method and later automated method steps are provided for direct process execution.
The manual method is categorized into two steps:
- Transfer IBM Notes NSF to CSV
- CSV to MS Outlook App
Step 1. Transfer IBM Notes NSF to CSV
- Run Lotus Notes app and open desired supported NSF file.
- Click on File and hit Export.
- After the Export Wizard window appears, choose a required location to save the file and select Comma Separated Value in Save as type.
- Provide a new name to save the file and click Export
Step 2. CSV Import to Microsoft Outlook
- Run Microsoft Outlook email client.
- Go to File and click Import.
- After Import & Export Wizard displays, choose Import from another program or file.
- Click Comma Separated Values (Windows).
- Browse the location and load exported NSF file saved in step 1 and select Replace duplicated with items imported.
- Now, select desired folder where you want to import exported data. Click Next.
- After the process finishes, hit on Finish button and the import process will be over.
Both steps need to be carefully implemented to use NSF file of Lotus Notes in Outlook. The process is executable but associated with some drawbacks as listed below:
- Complex and time-consuming steps.
- Data loss risk is associated.
- Non-technical users will find the process difficult to access.
- Assurance of data accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Requires technical expertise help.
Automated Solution to Import IBM Notes Emails to PST Outlook
NSF to PST Converter is a strong and direct way to convert unlimited NSF files from IBM Notes to PST in order to use Outlook to open Lotus Notes NSF files. The application is simple to operate and equipped with a comprehensible interface so that any technical and non-technical user can use it for implementing the process of how to use Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook. The software delivers a number of features such as PST Split to divide/break large Outlook PST files into multiple parts, preview window, batch mode conversion, no file size limitation, filters, email address translation, and more. Follow the steps below and check the process to use Outlook to open Lotus Notes NSF files:
- Download, install and open the application on the system.
- Move to Select File(s) button and click on the same.
- The software will open another window, click on Select File/Select Folder to load NSF files or folder for conversion.
- The tool will scan the NSF file and display all related items on the left pane.
- Click on the required folder to view associated data in the Preview window.
- Hit Export and choose the PST option from the list displaying.
- Apply options as per need i.e. PST Split, Email Address Translation, Filters, etc.
- At last, do the final press on the Export button to start the conversion cycle.
- Once the process is finished, a message will appear on the screen “Process Completed Successfully”.
- Click OK to exit.
With the help of steps, a user can successfully use Outlook to open Lotus Notes NSF file without any loss of data.
Download the free demo of the application to analyze and evaluate the software processing and features free of cost. The freeware edition of the app allows to convert the first 20 files from Lotus Notes to Outlook free of cost. You can check the same process for NSF to Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, G Suite, and more.